Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings.....

  Ah the new year.  Plenty of opportunity to make new promises to one's self which will drift off into oblivion long before Easter.  Many people re-discover that fancy towel rack to be the piece of exercise equipment they knew and forgot that they had, only to re-assign it to another rack for some other item before the gears get warm.  Others take a more non-traditional route where rather than stop a bad habit for a time, they simply promise themselves again and again and again all year long that, "this time is the last time."  There will be many smokers and drinkers out there who will be "quitting" a great many times this year by that standard!
  So what about me?  I'll admit that in the past I have been right along with the masses, making promises and then letting them slip away into lethargic complacency.  It was far too easy to get excited to change, then settle back into a lazy comfort zone the next day and rationalize my failure until I was numb. NOT THIS YEAR!  There are far too many things that I have needed to change and failed to do so and this year is going to be the year to end those!  Besides, if the world is going to end before Christmas this year, might as well go out with a bang right? ;)
  What is even better to this year, I have another form of accountability, dis here bloggy thingamajig.  I would hope to have anyone and everyone who reads this, (and I think I can count them on only half of my fingers on one hand), to hold me accountable and badger me if necessary to stick to my goals.  Additionally, I have already seen the fruits of my labor in some of the areas I am working to change, which provides further reinforcement to my resolve.  I have forgiven and, needed even more, sought forgiveness from others and have seen the ice of distrust beginning to melt, even if by just a few drops, and nothing has been sweeter.  The hope for the new year is bright and I will be doing all that I can to keep it that illuminated and optimistic.  This year I plan to change, inside and out from this:

To something more like this:

LET'S HEAR IT FOR 2012!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment